CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday 10 December 2008

Getting Started

We have been advised that the first thing we should do (apart from set up a blog which obviously I have done) is to begin to research websites we like for influences.

I decided however before I did this that I wanted to get a clear starting point for what pages I will be making - the website would be a huge one so I just need to show examples of what it could do. There is not alot of room for much more than that as we only have a week before we get the final feedback and start preparing for the presentation.

One of the most important parts of the Female Fighter magazine was the overall look; the colour scheme and the themes used. It's important that although the structure of the website will be vastly different to the magazine, the look should remain the same. The site and the magazine should belong to each other.

So, I have started out by beginning to look through the magazine and decide what is vital, and have started to map out the website (which should be documented up here later today) for now, rather than stick the whole magazine up here I have made a 'mood board' of elements I want to keep; colours. font types - basically the general 'feel' of the magazine;

The moodboard for the original magazine, showing important design elements that make the
magazine unique.


The original magazine did its job in that the design gave a nice balance between showing the 'toughness' of the sports (with the images used, strong font types for headlines and the distressed backgrounds) and a more 'feminine' feel with the colours used, the softer font types and embellishments.

0 comments: